Convert percent to decimal
Convert decimal to percent
Formula: Decimal × 100
To transform decimal to a percentage, multiply the decimal number by 100 and then add the percent sign. If you need to convert a decimal to a percent, shift the decimal point two spots to the right and then, insert the percent sign.
To transform decimal to a percentage, multiply the decimal number by 100 and then add the percent sign.
- For example, 0.20 multiplied by 100 equals 20%.
- For instance, 0.465 multiplied by 100 equals 46.5 %.
To turn a decimal to a percent, relocate the decimal point two positions to the right and insert the percent sign as a shortcut formula.
0.6 expressed as a percentage as follows:
The following is the formula for converting a decimal to a percent:
- To convert 0.6 to a percentage, use the following formula:
- "Percent" refers to "per 100" or "and over 100." To convert 0.6 to percent, rewrite it as "per 100" or over 100.
- Multiply 0.5 by 100/100 to get the answer. We are merely multiplying by one without adjusting the number of our number because 100/100 = 1.
(0.6/100) x (100/100) = 60 / 100
Which corresponds to 60 per 100, 60 percent or 60%.
Another method to convert decimal to percent is below:
Here, the numerator and denominator must be multiplied by 100. It is done to determine an equivalent fraction with a denominator of 100.
0.6 x (100 / 100)
= (0.6 x 100) x (1/100)= 60/100
Again, it corresponds to 60 %
Why we do that?
Actually, when we use %, we also should know that there is a hidden 100 there. Consider it through a concrete example. When you convert decimal to percent with 50%, imagine 100 units can fill the box. And you want to say that it is half full.
You can express this statement in multiple ways, such as:
0.5 of the box is full, half of the box is full, 50/100 of box is full or %50 is full.
There is a hidden 100 when converting decimal to a percent. Keep in mind!